Wednesday 4 June 2014

I Kind of Drift Away


You may recognise Sarah from a very recent portrait post.  When we got together this time we decided to have some fun with balloons.

Well, let me tell you that inflating 30 balloons is not fun (they're dry and rough on fingers). Transporting 30 balloons is not fun (I had to walk to our destination and back as I obviously wasn't going to fit on a bus and managed to pop one of my balloons within 30 seconds of leaving my flat). But the shoot itself? Lots of fun.



The Horniman Museum very kindly gave us permission to traipse around with all our balloons in tow taking photographs and I enjoyed showing Sarah a glimpse of the place. I would very strongly recommend a visit if you've not been. The grounds are beautiful, with interesting gardens and a giant set of instruments to play outside plus so so many curiosities inside.

Sarah pulled out all the stops for a relaxed, glamorous look that fit in well with the surroundings. One moment looking sophisticated, the next more Mother Nature.

I think we both learned a lot from the shoot and enjoyed experimenting and playing - and the constant changing position of the sun (from beaming down to shy) gave me plenty to worry about when setting up shots.

Here are a few of my favourite photos from the day. Sarah is sharing her own post over on her blog, so do visit her too and have a look around while you're there!




No comments:

Post a Comment